November 11

The Power of Resilience

Watch the clip about Michael Jordan. What are the characteristics of someone who is resilient?  Describe a time when something didn’t work out as well as you’d hoped. What did you do and what did you learn from it?How do you demonstrate resilience?

Posted November 11, 2019 by idesilva in category Uncategorized

14 thoughts on “The Power of Resilience

1. Isabel

Watch the clip about Michael Jordan. What are the characteristics of someone who is resilient? 
    ~ They have a can do attitude
    ~ Never give
    ~ Always see a way to improve
    ~ Try there best

Describe a time when something didn’t work out as well as you’d hoped.
    Sometimes netball games like I think were going to win and don’t try but we loose but then I try again and we win!

What did you do and what did you learn from it?
    To always try my hardest no matter what!

How do you demonstrate resilience?
    ~ By trying my hardest and giving it 100 percent
    ~ Never giving up
    ~ Always trying to improve

2. Samantha

The characteristics of someone who is resilient are: Independence because you need to count on yourself to bounce back in life when you face challenges. Creativity because when we face challenges we need to analyse the situation and think of a creative way out, and strong willed because resilience is a measure of how much you want something and how much you are willing, and able, to over come obstacles to get it.

A time when I was resilient was when there was an concert that I had really wanted to go to, but my mum already had a concert to go to that night so she couldn’t take me there. I was resilient by accepting that my mum couldn’t take me because she usually sacrifices her plans for me which I am very thankful for.

I learnt that not everything has to be about just you and that we should be more thankful and understanding to there’s because there is always another person that we should look out for and empathise.

I demonstrate resilience by not giving up and when I do face big or small life obstacles, I will keep on fighting and not give up until I feel I have completed my task. I hope to keep on being resilient and to learn from others.

3. Josh

The characteristics of someone who is resilient never gives up head are always high and doing their best even if they aren’t doing good
    A time when I was playing my first basketball grand final like michael jordan I was trusted to take the last shot but I missed people were angry at me but I tried my best
    What I did was I started training more and more then the next four grand finals I was trusted to take the shots and this time I made all four shots
    I learned the more you train the better you get
    I demonstrate resilience when I lose I’m not like other people at basketball when they lose they get upset you can keep playing and getting better.

4. Georgia

I demonstrate resilience!

I have showed a lot of resilience in my life.
    But the one time I was most pressured was when I tried out for the northern pride netball association. (Rep League)
    But now I am going to take that moment into an experience and come back bigger, stronger and better next year!
    I showed resilience by moving on and having a positive attitude.

5. ZARA

The characteristics of people who are resilient and persistent is that in the outcome they get further and you learn from you’re mistakes and built your confidence with your mistakes and you are prepared for next time

A time when something didn’t work out as i hoped was when I went on a holiday and I got sick and I couldn’t go to fun places beachside I was too sick

6. Tyler C

The characteristics of some who is resilient are:

– Hard working
    – Dont care what people think
    – Keeps trying

A time in my life when something didn’t work out as well as I had hoped was when I tried to kick a ball and missed and ended up smashing my toe on a pole. I learnt to be more careful when playing sports.
    I demonstrated resilience by trying to get back up. At first I couldn’t but then I kept trying and I was able to get back up on my feet.
    I’m going to keep kicking the ball but I will be more careful now.

7. renee

A person who never gives up.
    Keeps trying, no matter how hard it is.
    Gets back up straight away.

Riding my bike for the very first time.

I kept falling off and I kept getting back up, I got a few scartches along the way, but eventually I got it!

I learnt that you should never give up easily.

8. Amelia

The characterististics of a resilient person are:
    -They never give up
    -They keep going when things are tough
    -They think positive
    -And they have an open mindset
    When I was in grade 5 I went in cross country ,it was a 3.5 km run I had trained for it but on the day of cross country i was sick but i still ran . I did not win at all I only completed about 2 km because I vomited but i was resilient because i went to school and tried and when I failed, I said to myself that I am still good at running even though i didn’t win.I learnt that people will still be proud of me even if I don’t win and that giving it a go is all that matters.
    I try to demonstrate Resilience by:
    -Trying my hardest when ever i can
    -Not giving up
    -Having a positive mindset

9. Hamish B

The Characteristics of a resilient person are:
    -Never Giving Up
    -Trying Hard
    -having a can-do attitude
    A time when something didn’t work out as I had hoped was when I tried a sport(Unsure about what it was) and I was one of the worst people that were doing it.

10. Beth

What are characteristics of someone who is resilient?
    -They never look down and always look up
    -They believe In themselves
    -They have a positive attitude
    -They keep going and never give up even if they want to
    -They look after themselves
    Describe something that didn’t work out as well as you hoped
    Nearly every time I bake a cake or do art it never turns out how I imagined it.
    What do you do and what do you learn from it?
    I remind myself that the cake or art piece that I wanted to make was done by professionals and that I just need to keep practicing and I’ll soon be as good as them.
    How do you demonstrate resilience?
    I demonstrate resilience by trying to have a positive attitude and never giving up. If I gave up every time I failed, I would of never improved and I wouldn’t be as happy as I am today!

11. Tina

-They try there best to look on the bright side
    -They believe in others and themselves
    -They have a incredible and positive mind set
    -There attitude is also positive
    -they never give up
    -they look after other and themselves .

Describe something that didn’t work out as well as you hoped:
    I tried doing a very hard watercolour piece that I’ve never done before and it was different from what I normally do. I

I didn’t give up half way through even though it looked like a mess, I learned that if I keep going a mess can turn into something amazing. Someone once told me “that even a mess is beautiful”

I demonstrate resilience by trying me best to stay in a positive mindset and also trying no to give up, plus the more i make mistakes the more I get better. and if i gave up every time then i wouldn’t of been as successful in art as i am today!

Tina

12. Elise

The characteristics of someone who is resilient?
    – Always believe in themselves
    – They never give up and take risks
    – They are brave
    – have a can do attitude
    Describe a time when something didn’t go to well?
    When I got my braces and was really scared and didn’t want to get them because I thought they would look weird and stupid on me
    What did I do and learn from it?
    When I got them on I didn’t feel any doubt about them because I knew I would get used to them and that they actually didn’t look that bad on me and they were there to serve a purpose to give me a nice smile.
    How did you demonstrate resilience?
    I was brave and just did it even though a had all that doubt but I now very proud that I got them and happy.

13. Karanjot

What are the characteristics of someone who is resilient?
    -They never give up.
    -They Believe in them self and other people.
    -The are risk takers.
    There was this one time in a cricket tournament I had the only chance, to get 6 points for our team we were playing against Australia. So basically India. VS. Australia. India had 14, and Australia had 19. The winning prize was 500 dollars, on the table and it was not a real tournament just a made up one with me and my friends. Anyway, I was batsman, I hit the ball, instead of a 6, we got a 4.

14. ~Giulia~

-They have a good and positive mind set
    -Work hard for a goal but with patience because they know that goal will be achieved in it’s own time.
    -They go out and try new things to show that there is more to see then one thing.

Describe a time when something didn’t work out as well as you’d hoped:

Well actually, last week… me and my sister started to make a cake, and I thought it was going well, I had all the ingredients right, and I took the cake out later when I thought it looked fine, but then my mum got home and threw it out because it wasn’t cooked properly, and we couldn’t the cake back in because I put the very much filled with butter icing on the cake with sprinkles… (If you know how to cook please help…!)

I started throwing a fit because she threw the cake out and, I learned I need to improve on my baking skills…. 🙂

How do you demonstrate resilience?

When I am trying to be a better person… I may always feel like I can’t change, but I keep on remembering I can achieve this if I show people they can trust me again first…

~The END~